Since I have decided to plunge into the dark depths of what is Flex Accessibility Development, I will be posting my findings here and subsequent posts. This is a work-in-progress.
This and subsequent posts will be targeting the following technologies ONLY:
- Flex 2 (2.0.1 SKD)
- ActionScript 3.0
- JAWS 8.0.x
- Internet Explorer 6.0+
To get started, here are a few helpful links:
- Accessible Flex Component Development
- Flex Accessibility
- Creating Accessible Applications
What I have found so far:
- There is not much more documentation (aside from what I have posted above), benchmark tests, usability tests and general developmental progress regarding Flex and Accessibilities.
- I have yet to find ‘standards’ pertaining to Flex and Accessibilities.
- JAWS crashes easily from calling