Normally I wouldn’t put this kind of a post on my site but I am finding myself running into a bit of a time crunch with a personal project of mine. I am in need of a) a mentor or teacher and b) some good ol’ fashioned working, readable code.
Here’s the scoop. I need someone who has had experience working with PHP, MySQL and some sort of ORM framework. Specifically I need someone to teach me about the proper way of getting those 3 things working properly (e.g. integration in my current code base). Then I will try to get them to work with my AMFPHP/Flex RIA. However I may need some assistance in this as well.
Yes, I could spend hours researching this (which I have invested many hours doing so). But I know my limits when it comes to self-exploration and the opportunity costs in doing so are too high. Time is my most precious commodity. So are you interested? If so then read on. I don’t really care if you have 10+ years in the field or some high school kid, just so long as you know your stuff. All you need is to meet the following requirements:
- proficient in PHP & MySQL w/ knowledge of a ORM technology
- located in the USA (I don’t really want to deal with huge time differences)
- speak English proficiently
- the ability to articulate your points well so that a noob can understand them
- have a paypal account (I don’t want to screw around with cash, check , etc.)
- have skype (its free for skype to skype calls and a free download) or some IM client
- have maybe 4-8 hours to do this to start
If you meet the requirements send an email (no comments on the blog please) to jwopitz (at) gmail (dot) com with the following information:
- location in the US
- code samples for PHP (remember a php noob is reading this, but a developer too)
- skype and IM information
- price per hour for your help
I look forward to hearing from you.